Thursday, October 19, 2006

In an effort to attempt to document the snowball effect that hobbies can have on an individual I decided to start this blog. I am a full time IP/business lawyer - you can visit our site here or our blog here, and a closet musician. While I can hold my own - I definately do not have any plans of quitting my day job. Anyway a few weeks ago I found a deal on a Squire Strat for $70.00, which I couldn't pass up. Obviously I had big plans for this little guitar and the snowball started from there. Ironically, this same situation reminded me of an article I read years back in a gun magazine.

The author talked about the situation where you find a dimond in the rough .45 handgun that needed some work but otherwise was in good condition. It would be worth it since you were getting such a great deal and you could afford to do some upgrades and get yourself a nice little addition to your collection. The next thing you know you are having the parts and accessories packages shipped to your office so your wife doesn't catch on and notice that your kids' college fund starts to dwindle. And this so called small project has taken on a life of its own and the end result is an insanely tricked out super expensive target pistol.

So apparently it's a universal thing that hobbies tend to get out of control every once and a while.

So now its time to embrace the insanity and get on with the project . . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home